Terms & Conditions
So here is the legal stuff...
Recent studies indicate that while everyone has to tick that box, 84% of folks don't even read the small-print, ever!
We have tried to keep everything as simple as possible whilst covering the areas we need to explain prior to you making an order or attending a class.
- Everything on this page is about the present; how things are now - if anything changes, we'll update it here.
When we say "we" or "us" that means:
SPIN IPSWICH LTD
312 TUDDENHAM RD
Company No. 10269364
- When we say "you" or "your" we mean anyone who uses this website, registers, pays out real money and books and attends classes.
- When we say "member" or "members" we are referring to anyone who registers with us. As we do not right now offer traditional "gym memberships" for specific periods, we just want you to know - if you use Spin Ipswich, we refer to you as a member.
- What you need to do:
- First and foremost - have fun, excercise, and keep fit!
- We'll need some form of ID and a current photo of you which we will digitally add to your records. This enables us to make sure that someone else doesn't come and use up all your credits...
- You will need to decide on how you want to use our service - there are currently three main options:
1) Pay As You Go (PAYG): This is very simple; you top up at the top up page and choose how many credits you need:
7 PAYG Credits for All Classes
7 PAYG Credits for ALL members for 'specials' i.e. Live DJ Nights etc.
PAYG Credits cost £1.00 each and they last for 26 weeks which is pretty much the same as 6 months.
2) Unlimited: you pay the current price of £39.00 and you will immediately have unlimited access to Spin & Pilates Classes for a period of exactly 30 days.
3) Inclusive Monthly: you pay the current price as advertised elsewhere on the website and create a WorldPay Recurring Monthly Payment Agreement (FuturePay) and you will immediately have access to the classes as advertised for the specific Inclusive Monthly Plan you have chosen, for as long as payments are successfully collected under the agreement and unless you choose to cancel the agreement as more fully explained in these Terms & Conditions.
NOTE: The expiry time of all credits is counted from the time a successful payment is made.
- We use Worldpay as our online payment gateway provider and all of the payment card processing is done on their servers; just so you know that we do not store any payment card details ourselves.
CANCELLATION OF ORDERS (TOP-UPS) / REFUNDS - IMPORTANT!
- You have the statutory right to a 14 day 'cooling off' period from the time you place your top-up order online and make payment.
- This is very simple; if you make a top up and do not use any of our services you can request a cancellation within 14 days of a successful top-up and payment and we will refund your top-up in full.
- However if you have booked and attended any classes or booked and not cancelled with the required notice period (3 Hours) prior to the start time of the class you will have to pay for the services used on the following basis:
- PAYG / Inclusive / Unlimited: your refund will be reduced by the standard cost of any classes attended or booked and not cancelled with the required notice period (3 Hours) prior to the start time of the class.
- Example: If you wish to cancel at day 10 following your top-up but have attended or booked and not cancelled with the required notice period (3 Hours) prior to the start time of the class, 2 Spin classes and 2 Pilates classes you will be charged 4 x £7 therefore £28 will be deducted from the original credit whether it was PAYG or Unlimited.
- Requests to cancel your membership should be made via e-mail, written letter, or in person at the studio. Spin Ipswich Ltd do not accept cancellation requests by telephone.
Studio opening hours:
Monday to Friday 06:30 - 21:00
Saturday 08:00am to 12:00
Sundays/Bank Holidays CLOSED
- On occasion it may be necessary for a class to be cancelled or for the class type or instructor to be changed. Spin Ipswich Ltd reserves the right to do this at any time. Where possible advance notice to those members who have booked the affected class will be given, however this may not always be possible.
INCLUSIVE-MONTHLY - Future Pay
- What are Futurepay payments and how do they work?
- The INCLUSIVE-MONTHLY recurring payments are made through WorldPay http://www.worldpay.com/uk and through a service called FuturePay. This is an internet-based equivalent of traditional standing order and direct debit facilities.
- With Futurepay, you arrange to get funds debited from your card, rather than from your bank account.
- Once an agreement is created, you can view payments in the Shopper Management System (SMS) on the WorldPay website. To login to the Shopper Management System use this link:
Or for more information and guidance on the Shopper Management System, please see this guide
Please note, any contract is between you and us (Spin Ipswich Ltd) rather than with WorldPay.
- How often will Futurepay payments be made?
Future Payments for your Spin Ipswich Ltd. INCLUSIVE-MONTHLY plan will commence 1 month from your initial payment and thereafter in monthly installments of £28 or £36
- How to cancel any Futurepay agreement
- A Recurring Payment (FuturePay) Regular Agreement can be cancelled by you or by contacting us, Spin Ipswich Ltd. WorldPay is unable to cancel your order /agreement or to provide you with a refund. To cancel the agreement yourself:
Log in to the Shopper Management System https://www.worldpay.com/shopper/admin
For more information on logging in, refer to Log in to the Shopper Management System:
TheRecurring Payments (FuturePay) Shopper Home page is displayed.
Under the Agreement ID column, select the hypertext displaying the Agreement ID for the agreement you want to cancel.
TheRecurring Payments (FuturePay) Agreement Details page is displayed.
Double check that the agreement on your screen is definitely the agreement you want to cancel.
The Cancellation Confirmation page is displayed.
Select the Yes button to cancel the agreement. If you do not wish to cancel the agreement, select either the Go back to agreement or Go back to home page
Please ensure that, if you have more than one agreement, you select the correct agreement to cancel. Once an agreement has been cancelled it cannot be reinstated. If you cancel the wrong agreement, please CONTACT US WorldPay cannot set up a new agreement for you.
- For additional information about Futurepay, please see: http://support.worldpay.com/support/shopper/kb/shoppermanagementsystem/sms.htm#sms3100.html
- All classes can be booked online. Booking is based on a first come first served basis.
- As a service standard we recommend that you book online to guarantee your place in the class. 7 Days of classes are displayed on the booking section but please note that because we are closed on Sunday only 6 days will be displayed on certain days of the week. New days' classes appear on the system at Midnight.
- Classes cannot be booked for more than one person at any one time.
- Once a class is booked, a confirmation e-mail will be sent of your successful booking. Please keep this e-mail for reference of your booked class.
- Anyone who turns up at the time of a class without booking are not guaranteed a space. Any bookings made online in advance take priority.
- Advanced bookings are to be made in our members area on our website. All members registered to the Spin Ipswich website will have full access to our 7 day calendar to book classes.
- Bookings cannot be made via telephone or e-mail.
- By accessing and using the class booking system you indicate that you accept the terms and conditions of the website.
CANCELLATION OF BOOKINGS INCLUDING PENALTY SYSTEM - IMPORTANT!
- Updated: 26th March 2018
- The purpose of this policy is to ensure that all members are offered a fair chance to book their favourite classes.
- Classes can be cancelled very simply via the booking section of the website.
- All class cancellations must be made at least three (3) hours prior to the class start time. For PAYG members this will ensure that credit for the cancelled class is retained and used for other bookings.
- For PAYG members this means that any cancellation made less than three (3) hours prior to the class start time or non-attendance without cancellation will result in the loss of credits used to book that class.
- UNLIMITED members must also adhere to this cancellation policy. LATE CANCELLATION within the 3 hour time period or NO SHOWS (non-attendance without cancellation) will incur the following penalties:
In any 2 week period triggered by the First No Show / Late Cancellation:
First No Show / Late Cancellation: Warning Notification Email Sent
Second No Show / Late Cancellation: 1 Day Booking Suspension
Third No Show / Late Cancellation: 3 Day Booking Suspension
Fourth No Show / Late Cancellation: 5 Day Booking Suspension
If the 4th occurrence is triggered the member's account will reset at the end of the 5 day suspension.
- This penalty system operates on a rolling 2 week cycle triggered by the first occurence of a no-show or cancellation made less than 3 hours prior to the booked class start time.
- How this works with the Queuing System:
- If you receive a text message and/or email outside of the three hour cancellation period to say you are now booked on a class but then find that you unable to attend, YOU MUST CANCEL as per the cancellation timeframe.
- If you receive a text message and/or email within the three hour cancellation period and you find you cannot attend you will not be penalised but please make sure you remove yourself off to give another member the opportunity.
- We fully understand that there will be genuine exceptions and emergencies. These will be reviewed on a case by case basis. You should contact us via e-mail, phone or facebook CONTACT US. To cancel a class simply log in and go to the class time you are currently booked on and click cancel. To avoid penalty please make sure this is actioned AT LEAST 3 hours before the class start time as stated above.
- Finally, to ensure you receive the notification, please be sure to add us as a 'Contact' or a 'safe sender' in your email software or app to help prevent our e-mails being automatically moved to trash/junk mail folders.
- All participants must complete a Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire (PAR-Q) form before taking part in any class and any previous medical history must be clearly explained. This forms an integral and compulsory part of the the online registration process. Any previous medical history that may affect your health and well being during exercise must be signed off by your GP before participation. The PAR-Q status of your registration must be signed off by an appropriate member Spin Ipswich Limited staff and your online account will be updated accordingly.
- If injured during a class, please seek immediate help from your instructor. Further assistance can be provided by the on duty first aider. The first aid kit is located at reception.
- You are responsible for ensuring that you are properly equipped and that your state of health and physical condition is such as not to involve any risk to you or any other person making use of our facilities. We can not take any responsibility for injury as a result of non-disclosure on the PAR-Q form or improper use of our equipment. If you use any piece of equipment supplied by us, you must be competent in its use or have received instruction by a member of our staff.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to join Spin Ipswich.
- Common sense is generally all that is required when considering your behaviour when attending our facilities. In particular we would point out that we will not tolerate anti-social or offensive behaviour including but not limited to:
- Abusive or threatening behaviour toward other members or our staff.
- Spoken or other acts which could be deemed to be offensive or discrimatory on the grounds of race, gender, ability, religion, or sexuality.
- The comitting of any illegal act.
- Disrespecting the rights, privacy, and personal space of other members.
- Being under the influence of alcohol/drugs.
- Abusing, tampering, damaging the equipment.
- We reserve the absolute right to refuse entry, request that a member leaves the premises immediately, and to suspend access to the facilities / classes upon our discovery of any of the above or any other behaviour or act that we believe might negatively impact upon the safety, enjoyment, and / or experience of other members.
- We do not take any responsibility for members' personal property and possessions. Members leave their possessions in the studio at their own risk. Please use lockers provided to secure your belongings.
- If any equipment appears to be damaged or faulty, please report this to your instructor immediately.
- Showers are to be left clean and tidy after use.
- Our Members have full access to the Greshams bar facilities. No kit bags are to be left in the bar area.
- Members are to park their cars in the designated Spin Ipswich Ltd parking spaces only.
- All vehicles and any contents left therein are entirely at the member's own risk.
DATA AND PERSONAL INFORMATION
- In order to perform the contracted services we offer to you we need to process your personal data. This data will be stored securely on our computer systems in line with the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA).
- Data will only be collected and used upon your consent. Completing and registering online and selecting that you have read and understood the Spin Ipswich Ltd terms and conditions confirms your consent for us to process your personal information in order to fulfil our contractual obligations to you.
We do not intentionally share your personal data with any third party either within the UK or Overseas other than limited information passed to the WorldPay Payment Processing Gateway in order for them to securely process your top-up payments or FuturePay Agreement/s. WorldPay Privacy Notice
Also, certain aspects of you browsing our website may be collected by: Google.co.uk - website use analytics and Google reCAPTCHA anti-spam 'I am not a robot' form protection: https://privacy.google.co.uk
- We may analyse your purchase and class attendance history to provide you with relevant and personalised offers, information and advice if you specifically 'tick' the 'Opt In' box on the registration form to receive such communications from us.
You may opt-out / unsubscribe from these communications using the link provided at the bottom of the message.
Please note, this does not apply to messages relating to the normal day to day operations and notifications we provide in relation to the service.
- You have the right to be 'forgotten'; if you request this, all personal data will be deleted and won’t be accessible again. A new form will need to be completed and new data will be captured if a you wishe to re-join.
- You have the right to request your data. This is known as a 'subject access request'. Please contact a member of the management team for this to be actioned. Inline with current regulations we do not charge a fee to comply with a subject access request. However, we may charge a 'reasonable fee' based on the administrative costs of complying with a particularly complex request or if you request further copies of your data following a request. For more information visit https://ico.org.uk
- Date: 2017.01.30 Rev: 1.0
- Date: 2017.02.06 Rev: 1.1
- Date: 2017.08.24 Rev: 1.2 Notification of Amendments.
- Date: 2017.09.01 Rev: 1.3
Specifically note changes to Cancellation of Bookings and Pilates offer amended to 6 Credits.
- Date: 2017.09.23 Rev: 1.4 Added Inclusive Monthly Future Pay Terms
- Date: 2017.10.31 Rev: 1.5 Updated Inclusive Monthly Future Pay Terms
- Date: 2018.02.24 Rev: 1.6 Updated Class Cancellation Notice Period
- Date: 2018.03.26 Rev: 1.7 Updated Class Cancellation Clause and added Penalty System
- Date: 2018.08.30 Rev: 1.8 Updated Data and Personal Information Section and errors corrected
- We may send a cookie or cookies which may be stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive. We may use the information we obtain from the cookie/s in the administration of this website, to improve the website's usability. We may also use that information to recognise your computer when you visit our website, and to personalise our website for you. Where there are links to third party websites these websites may also set cookies and you should consider their Privacy & Cookie Policies.
- Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. (For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking Tools > Internet Options > Privacy and selecting "Block all cookies" using the sliding selector.) This will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
- Date: 2017.01.30 Rev: 1.0
- Date: 2018.08.30 Rev: 1.1